Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekly Summary: Jan 09 - Jan 15


Fell off the Wagon; but climbed right back on!
Well….two weeks into the new year and I already broke one of my New Year’s resolutions. 

Resolutions are hard to keep, as I have found many times in the past.  Last year, I vowed to cut caffeine and alcohol from my diet.  I succeeded at this for about 2 months, but quickly fell back to caffeinated coffee once I started running at 5am with Matt and Jason.  The alcohol followed shortly, starting with a beer once in a while, then returning to about a beer a night.  That may not sound like much to you, but it’s more than I really want to drink.

This year, I had made several resolutions.  None of these are on paper, but just in my mind.  I know what I want to succeed at.  This year, I vowed to maintain entries on this blog (the New Year’s resolution that I was breaking, until now), in addition to, cutting the caffeine and alcohol from my diet again.

For the first two weeks of the year, which actually correspond to the last week of 2011 and the first week of 2012, I posted my mileage log.  I missed posting my 3rd week and don’t really remember what I had run each day.  I could probably remember if I wanted to really sit and think about it, but what is the use.  I know I ran 77 miles for the week with 1 day off from running, which took place the day after the 37 miler.  I didn’t need that day off.  I felt fine the day after that run.  I decided not to run early that morning, and never wound up getting out after work.  It wasn’t a big deal.  I don’t need to run everyday, as some people think I think I do.  I am not obsessive about my daily running, but rather really do enjoy getting up early and running in those early morning hours.  I know over the weekend, I ran 35 miles, which included a 15 miler on Saturday over a slightly hilly chester springs loop with Jason and Joe, then a 20 miler in French Creek on the trails with a much larger group, at a much slower pace.  I guess that leaves me with 42 miles during my 4 running days during the week.  I am starting to recall, that one of those days (Friday), included a rainy wet 4 x 1 mile workout with 90sec rest.  There is something new!  I hadn’t done a workout since before Tussey 50 Miler, and don’t really know why I decided to run a workout 3 weeks before Rocky Raccoon, but I just felt like I wanted to.  The workout went pretty well.  I didn’t know what to expect, but I was able to hit 5:55, 5:52, 5:45, and 5:41.  Not too shabby for starting the run at 4:45am!  I actually don’t remember my other runs, but I think they involved something like 10-11 miles with Joe.  Well, there ya go.  I just did what I said I wasn’t going to do, sit and think about what I did last week.  Resolution resolved!!!


Weekly Mileage = 77
Weekly Vertical = ~5000ft
Yearly Mileage = 185 (15 days)
Yearly Vertical = ~8900ft
Days off = 2

No comments:

Post a Comment